Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Emotional eating

Today I had a sad day, everybody has them and today was mine. Nothing major just people saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
All afternoon I have had to fight the urge to eat because I was upset, I would look to the pantry then stop myself and walk away.
Why do I do this, why have I made food my emotional crutch? Why cant I just work through what I am feeling?
I think I know why. Its because its hard and I would have to deal with conflict and I hate that.

So today I just did my best to not emotionally eat and it went well until tonight.
I had four points left and I just went and ate a chicken sausage. They are 7 points each. I wanted to eat all four of them which were left in the fridge but instead I stopped at one and threw the rest out.
I wish I hadnt eaten that sausage, or at least only eaten half and not gone over my points, but I cant take it back so I have to move on.
Tomorrow is a new day

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sharlie! Hang in there, you are doing so well.
    Can you deduct the extra points from tomorrows allocation?

    ReplyDelete